For charitable giving, Bitcoin will now be accepted by Barclays, one of the UK's major banks; this makes the first bank to accept the algorithmic currency.
"Barclays set to become first UK high street bank to accept bitcoin as it starts taking charity donations in the virtual currency
- "Company set to partner with a 'bitcoin exchange' or spending platform
- "Has two bitcoin 'labs' in London and has been collaborating with start-ups
- "Bought with real money and traded online, a bitcoin is worth around $230
- "It can be traded instantaneously without a bank acting as a middleman
- "But Barclays and others see its potential to reduce infrastructure costs" --Tim MacFarlan, the Daily Mail