< 1 min read
January 11, 2015
Last week, Indy nonprofit was hit with unusually high utility bill, but by this weekend, the gas company had admitted they misread the meter.
"A local nonprofit hit with a $3,000 energy bill earlier this week received some good news Friday afternoon.... Founder Carol Wellman thought a major gas leak was to blame. Officials with Citizens Energy initially said the bill was correct and reflected a surge in usage.... Wellman said that Citizens reached out to her Friday afternoon and said they misread the meter. Citizens apologized to Wellman for what they put her through and thanked her for the work she does for the community." -- TheIndyChannel.com